Beetle larvae, butterfly and moth caterpillars, stalk borers, true bugs, plant and leaf-hoppers, adult beetles, thrips, fruit flies, scale insects, mealy bugs etc.
For preparation of 100 liters of 5% NSKE solution, following material are required
- Neem seed kernels (well dried) – 5 kg
- Water (reasonably good quality) – 100 litres
- Detergent - 200 g
- Muslin cloth for filtering
- Take required quantity of Neem seed kernel (5 kg )
- Grind the kernels gently to powder it
- Soak it overnight in 10 liter of water.
- Stir with wooden plank in the morning till solution becomes milky white
- Filter through double layer of muslin cloth and make the volume to 100 liter
- Add 1% detergent (Make a paste of the detergent and then mix it in the spray solution)
- Mix the spray solution well and use
Things to be taken care
- Collect the Neem fruits during bearing season and air-dry them under shade.
- Do not use the seeds over eight months of age. The seeds stored over and above this age lose their activity and hence not fit for NSKE preparation.
- Always use freshly prepared neem seed kernel extract (NSKE).
- Spray the extract after 3.30 pm to get effective results.
Preparing Spray solution
- Neem Kernel extracts (500 to 2000 ml) is required per tank (10 liters capacity). 3-5 kg of neem kernel is required for an acre. Remove the outer seed coat and use only the kernel. If the seeds are fresh, 3 kg of kernel is sufficient. If the seeds are old, 5 kg are required.
- Pound the kernel gently and tie it loosely with a cotton cloth. Soak this overnight in a vessel containing 10 litre of water. After this, it is filtered.
- On filtering, 6-7 litre of extract can be obtained. 500-1000 ml of this extract should be diluted with 9 ½ or 9 litres of water. Before spraying khadi soap solution @ 10 ml/litre should be added to help the extract stick well to the leaf surface. This concentration of the extract can be increased or decreased depending on the intensity of pest attack
Source: TNAU Agritech portal
ફેરફાર કરાયાની છેલ્લી તારીખ : 3/1/2020
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.